Top off a great day in Budapest with a cruise through the heart of the city on our Evening Segway Tour. See some of the most magnificent buildings and inspiring views in the city.
Highlights and Themes
- Explore Budapest with a small group and a knowledgeable guide.
- An introduction to Hungarian history and culture
- See the Opera House and Grand Boulevard of Andrassy
- Check out the Parliament and Liberty Square areas
- Ride over Margaret Bridge and onto Margaret Island
2 hours + training
Dates & Times
May to September
18:00 – daily
Absolute Tour Center – 1065 Budapest, Lázár utca 16 (just behind the Opera House)
Know before you go
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- High-heel shoes and flip-flops are not suitable for riding the Segway
- The Segway is not appropriate for those weighing over 280llbs/130kg or under 90llbs/40kg (10 years)
- For the safety of the mother and baby, we do not allow pregnant women to participate
- Helmet is compulsory on the tour and provided
- Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride and forfeit their right to do the tour, without refund
- Insurance requires everyone to complete a liability waiver (children under 18 years must have an adult sign for them)
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. No show or non-participation on the tour will not be refunded
Full Budapest Evening Segway Tour Description
The Budapest Evening Segway tour starts with a 20-30 minute orientation session in front of our office on the big open square (not included in quoted tour time). Your guide will be on hand to help you get to grips with the Segway. Only once you feel comfortable will we be ready to go out and conquer Budapest.
Budapest shines it’s brightest in the evenings and we hope to show you this during the tour. We’ll first ride to the beautiful St Stephen’s Basilica. Then we’ll check out Liberty Square before arriving at Parliament. This is one of the grandest buildings in the city and also the second largest parliament building in Europe.
From there, we head to the highlight of the tour which is the lush and iconic Margaret Island. To get there we’ll cross Margaret Bridge. Standing here is a great place for talking photos. You can enjoy stunning panoramas of the Parliament, the Buda Castle District and Gellert Hill.
On the way back we’ll glide through the city’s main inner town sights. At dusk they are all illuminated thus granting another great photo opportunity.
Our Budapest Evening Segway tour runs with small groups and generally have less than 10 participants. This makes them interactive and personal. It also gives you plenty of chances to ask questions and get to know your guide. You can also hit them up for local tips and hints of where to go and what else to do.
We reserve the right to alter and change the tour program without prior notice due to construction, city closures for events, festivals and so on throughout the year.
English speaking guide, Segway machine rental, helmet, stops for photos and questions
Entry fees to sights and museums, food and beverages except where noted, transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip
Groups over 15 people please email us: email@example.com