This is the perfect tour if you're not so interested in the history of Budapest, and just want to have fun exploring the city on a Segway and with just your group.
Highlights and Themes
- Private tour
- Opera House and Grand Boulevard of Andrassy
- St Stephen’s Basilica, Liberty Square
- View over Buda Castle, Matthias Church and Fisherman’s Bastion
1 hour + training
Dates & Times
November to March 09:00, 14:30 – daily
April to October 09:00, 14:30, 17:30 – daily
Absolute Tour Center – 1065 Budapest, Lázár utca 16 (just behind the Opera House)
Know before you go
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- High-heel shoes and flip-flops are not suitable for riding the Segway
- The Segway is not appropriate for those weighing over 280llbs/130kg or under 90llbs/40kg (10 years)
- For the safety of the mother and baby, we do not allow pregnant women to participate
- Helmet is compulsory on the tour and provided
- Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride and forfeit their right to do the tour, without refund
- Insurance requires everyone to complete a liability waiver (children under 18 years must have an adult sign for them)
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. No show or non-participation on the tour will not be refunded
Full Tour Description
The tour starts with a practice session of around 20 minutes in front of our office. (This isn’t part in your tour time). Learning to ride is very easy but nonetheless, only when everyone is comfortable will we set off.
You’re tour starts in the shadow of the magnificent Hungarian State Opera House. This Neo-Renaissance edifice is considered to possess the third best acoustics in Europe.
You will glide on the Andrassy Avenue to the city center to sites including St Stephen’s Basilica and the Parliament. This Gothic Revival style construction is the largest building in Hungary. Here you’ll enjoy a wonderful UNESCO World Heritage panoramic view across the Danube to Buda. You’ll see the Danube, Buda Castle, Matthias Church, the Royal Palace, Fisherman’s Bastion and Margaret Island.
In conclusion, you’ll return to the office via Liberty Square, where you’ll find the monument to the Soviet liberation of Hungary
Private English speaking guide, Segway machine rental, helmet, stops for photos and questions
Entry fees to sights and museums, food and beverages except where noted, transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip
Groups over 8 people please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org