Come experience the charms of Budapest in winter. Enjoy a leisurely winter experience and learn about Budapest's history on an innovative and entertaining bike ride.
Highlights and Themes
- Explore Budapest with an expert local guide.
- Learn all about Hungarian history and culture
- Explore Inner Pest – Opera, Basilica, Parliament, Chain Bridge, and see the view over Buda Castle
- Refreshment stop included in the tour
Know before you go
- Participants must know how to ride a bike and needs be fit for continuous biking for up to 2 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Due to Traffic Laws this tour is not suitable for children under 12 years
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride and forfeit their right to do the tour, without refund.
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. No show or non-participation on the tour will not be refunded.
Full Budapest Winter Tour Description
Distance: approx. 8 km / 5 miles, flat ride, no elevation
Our Budapest winter bike tour is a fun and easy going adventure where we explore the sights and sounds of the downtown along grand boulevards and down winding side streets. To add color to the tour, your guide will tell stories and explain the city’s history.
Starting in Pest
We’ll gather and get going from our office near the majestic Opera House. You’ll then cruise along Andrassy Boulevard before taking in the magnificent St. Stephen’s Basilica. After seeing the beautiful church and square, our next stop is Liberty Square for a look at one of the city’s last Soviet relics before we make our way on to the Parliament. Here, at the banks of the Danube, we’ll stop to admire the stunning view on the other side of the river – which includes buildings such as Matthias Church, Royal Palace, and the Fisherman’s Bastion. Your guide will be on hand to tell you about these places and the roles they played in the city’s history.
At this point, we’ll probably be in need of a little break and the chance to warm up a bit. We’ll stop at a local cafe and treat you to a delicious, traditional Hungarian pastry and coffee or tea.
Rested and relaxed, we ride back to our office through the downtown area.
Our Budapest Winter Tour run with small groups and generally do not have more than 15 participants. This makes them interactive and personal and gives you plenty of chances to ask questions and get to know your guide. You can also hit them up for local tips and hints of where to go and what else to do.
We reserve the right to alter and change Budapest Winter Tour program without prior notice due to construction, city closures for events, festivals and so on throughout the year.
English speaking guide, bike hire and optional helmet included during the tour time. Stops for photos and refreshments. Stop for a coffee or other beverage and pastry included.
Entry fees to sights and museums, food and beverages except where noted, transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip.
Rent a Bike HERE