Experience the charms of Budapest in a leisurely winter bike ride
Highlights and Themes
- Small-group tour with maximum 15 participants
- Explore Budapest with an expert local guide
- Learn all about Hungarian history and culture
- Explore Inner Pest – Opera, Basilica, Parliament, Chain Bridge, and see the view over Buda Castle
- Refreshment stop included in the tour
Know before you go
- Participants must know how to ride a bike and needs be fit for continuous biking for up to 2 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Due to Traffic Laws this tour is not suitable for children under 12 years
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride and forfeit their right to do the tour, without refund.
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. No show or non-participation on the tour will not be refunded.
Full Budapest Winter Tour Description
Distance: approx. 8 km / 5 miles, flat ride, no elevation
Our Budapest winter bike tour is a fun and easy going adventure where we explore the sights and sounds of the downtown along grand boulevards and down winding side streets. To add color to the tour, your guide will tell stories and explain the city’s history.
We’ll gather and get going from our office near the majestic Opera House. You’ll then cruise along Andrassy Boulevard before taking in the magnificent St. Stephen’s Basilica. After seeing the beautiful church and square, our next stop is Liberty Square for a look at one of the city’s last Soviet relics before we make our way on to the Parliament. Here, at the banks of the Danube, we’ll stop to admire the stunning view on the other side of the river – which includes buildings such as Matthias Church, Royal Palace, and the Fisherman’s Bastion.
At this point, we’ll probably be in need of a little break and the chance to warm up a bit. We’ll stop at a local cafe and treat you to a delicious, traditional Hungarian pastry and coffee or tea. Rested and relaxed, we ride back to our office through the downtown area.
English speaking guide, bike, stop for a coffee or other beverage and pastry included.
Entry fees to sights and museums, pick-up and drop-off
Rent a Bike HERE