Off-Road Segway Adventure in Buda Hills
Learn to ride a Segway and then take a spin around Janos Hill's major sights
Highlights and Themes
- Janos Hill
- Elizabeth’s Tower
- Normafa Ski-house
- Normafa Slope
- Anna’s Field
- Wolf’s Throat Valley, Devil’s Ditch (Superior tour only)
1 or 2 hours + training
Dates & Times
November to March 10:00, 12:00 – daily
April to October 10:00, 14:00, 16:00 – daily
Meeting & Conclusion point
High-Tech Sports Base, 1121 Budapest, Eotvos ut 59/A Normafa Skihouse, at the end station of bus 21A. Directions: https://goo.gl/maps/b5ry59eNCMu
Know before you go
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. High-heel shoes and flip-flops are not suitable for riding the Segway
- The Segway is not appropriate for those weighing over 280llbs/130kg or under 90llbs/40kg (10 years)
- For the safety of the mother and baby, we do not allow pregnant women to participate
- Helmet is compulsory on the tour and provided
- Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride and forfeit their right to do the tour, without refund
- Insurance requires everyone to complete a liability waiver (children under 18 years must have an adult sign for them)
- Cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund. No show or non-participation on the tour will not be refunded
Full Tour Description
Duration: 1 or 2 hour plus approx 30 mins training
Our tour begins with a 20 – 30 minute orientation session on our practice track. Here you’ll have time to master your Segway. Once your feeling comfortable we will go out and conquer the Buda Hills.
Buda Hills Off-road Segway Tour (1 hour)
This is a great tour in which you’ll get familiar with off-road Segway riding on our original x2 Segways. We follow Janoshegyi Street (no cars) for a little extra exercise and carving fun. Then, after practicing emergency braking maneuvers, we head off-road. You will get a glance of the famous Libego (chair lift) top station and Elizabeth’s Tower (a place worth visiting right after the Segway tour) and then explore around in the beautiful forest on our way back. We take a peek at the Children’s Railway, the popular Anna’s Field. The tour concludes at the top of Normafa Slope where you’ll be rewarded with a breathtaking panorama of the city.
Buda Hills Superior Off-road Segway Tour (2 hours option)
Operates: 1 April – 31 October only
With this you get to experience everything on the Buda Hills 1 hour tour, but we will extend your extreme Segway experience with an adrenaline-fueled ride around some hidden parts of János Hill (Wolf’s Throat Valley, Devil’s Ditch), plus some extra exercises for those brave enough and ready for a challenge. This is a tour that gets you ready for advanced level off-road Segway riding.
You can pick the Superior Tour as an option through booking the Normal Tour.
Our Segway tours are small and generally have less than 10 participants, making them interactive and personal and giving you plenty of chances to ask questions and get to know your guide.
Please read “Terms and Cancellations“
Inclusions: English speaking trainer and guide, all-terrain Segway use, many stops for photos and questions.
Exclusions: Entry fees to sights and museums, food and beverages, transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip
Groups over 6 people please email us: email@example.com