Your group can join us for a fun and exciting tour of Budapest on an e-bike. With your private guide, you’ll cruise down grand boulevards and along charming side streets, and get to learn all about the city and it’s interesting history as you go.
Highlights and Themes
- Explore with just your group and a knowledgeable private guide
- Lots of chances to ask questions and interact with the group
- Hungarian history and culture
- Learn about Hungarian history on Heroes’ Square and City Park
- Opera House, St Stephen’s Basilica, Parliament, Chain Bridge
- Buda Castle area – Fisherman’s Bastion and Matthias Church
- Buda & Pest promenade bike lanes, Market Hall
- A stop for refreshments
- Approx. 22 km / 17 miles with Pedelec bicycles where a small electric motor makes it easier to pedal
Dates & Times
April to October 10:30 – daily
Absolute Tour Center
1065 Budapest, Lazar Street 16,
located right behind the Opera House.
Know before you go
- Guests need to be a minimum of 140 cm tall to ride the e-bike
- Minimum 2 guests are required to start this tour
- We use Pedelec bicycles where a small electric motor makes it easier to pedal Participants must know how to ride a bike
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride and forfeit their right to do the tour, without refund.
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. No show or non-participation on the tour will not be refunded.
Full Tour Description
Duration: 5.5 hours
Distance: approx. 22 km / 17 miles. We use Pedelec bicycles where a small electric motor makes it easier to pedal
All our e-bike tours start with a quick introduction to the e-bikes and the city’s rules on bike safety and riding. Each person will be taught how to use the e-bike and then have a practice. Only once they feel comfortable, will we go out and enjoy Budapest.
During the Private Budapest E-Bike Tour, you’ll get a feel for Budapest’s vibrant culture while exploring its various beautiful sights. Along the way, your experienced and informative local guide will be on hand to tell you about what you’re seeing and talk in-depth about the city’s history and people.
Opera House Start
We’ll start the tour outside our office by the stunning Opera House, after which we’ll travel up Andrassy Avenue, one of the oldest and grandest streets in the city, which is today lined with up market shopping stores. The first sight you’ll check out is Heroe’s Square and this is also where your guide will begin telling you about the history of Budapest.
Up next, it’s time to enjoy some greenery in the tranquil City Park. Here you’ll learn more about Hungary’s past and learn about some of the buildings in the park, including Vajdahunyad Castle, which was built to show off Hungary’s varied architectural styles for the World Fair of the early 1900’s.
The Private Budapest E-Bike Tour then takes us back to the center of town, gliding past the impressive St Stephen’s Basilica, the nearby Freedom Square, where there stands one of the city’s few remaining Soviet memorials. Parliament is next stop – fun fact, it’s one of the largest in Europe.
Next, it’s off for some more greenery, which we’ll find by crossing Margit Bridge and onto Margit Island, which is an entire park on an island. Here you’ll get a chance to relax in the sun and get to know your guide a little better, or ask any questions you might have.
Back on the bridge, we’ll finally cross the river so we can enjoy Buda’s sights up close, and get a glimpse back at the Pest side from afar. Arriving at our next stop, Batthyany Square, your guide will talk more about the Buda side of the city and how it’s developed over the years. We’ll also make a stop around here for coffee and cake.
The next part of the Private Budapest E-Bike Tour is one of the most exciting. We’ll make our way up the winding hill to reach the Buda Castle District. Luckily, thanks to your e-bikes, the trip up won’t be exhausting and your arrival at the top will be rewarded with magnificent panoramic views of the entire city. There are plenty of sights to check out up here, including Matthias Church and the Fisherman’s Bastion – and your guide will talk extensively about all of them.
Finally, as the Private Budapest E-Bike Tour draws to it’s conclusion, we’ll make our way back across the Danube to the Pest side of the city crossing the spectacular Gellert Bridge. Along the way, we’ll travel past the Great Market Hall, then enjoy a relaxing ride down the Danube Promenade where you’ll find plenty of locals and tourists enjoying their day. Our tour concludes back where we started.
We reserve the right to alter and change the tour program without prior notice due to construction, city closures for events, festivals and so on throughout the year.
Private English speaking guide, e-bike hire and optional helmet included during the tour time. Stops for photos and refreshments. Stop for a coffee or beverage and cake included.
Entry fees to sights and museums, food and beverages except where noted, transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip.
Rent an E-Bike HERE